What to Bring
Thank you for reserving one of our vacation rentals! In order for you to have the most stressfree vacation possible, we keep our properties well stocked so that you don't have to bring as many items from home.
- All of our kitchens are fully stocked. This includes everything from cookware, dinner ware, crock pot, blender, coffee pot and filters, glasses, wine glasses, mugs, silverware, and spatulas.
- Salt and pepper
- We provide all dish cleaning necessities from dish cloths to dish soap. If a cabin has a dishwasher, dishwasher soap is provided.
- All of our kitchens have microwaves, stoves, and ovens
- Emergency Kit: candles, matches, flash light, and phone numbers to power company
- We provide a starter supply of paper products such as toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins, and trash bags. These should last around 3 4 days depending on use.
- For entertainment, all our properties have an assortment of movies, books, and board games.
- All our properties have either a gas or charcoal grill. If the property has a charcoal grill, you will need to provide charcoal.
- We provide all linens this includes at least two bath towels per guest, sheets, blankets, and wash cloths. We also keep a spare set of sheets for each bed.
- If cabin has a laundry room, you will need to provide your own detergent.
- Some of our cabins will provide firewood for the fire pit. These cabins are: Anisidi Lodge, Blue Moon, Camp Ketahe,
- Midnight Oasis, Morning Mist, Onida, River House, Shaman's Cure, and Takoda.
- In our pet friendly properties, we will provide a crate.
- We provide a shampoo/body soap bar in all our bathrooms. We recommend, though, that you also bring your own shampoo/soap.
- We keep an information book in each property with the address and phone number (if property has a land line) of the property, New River Retreat emergency numbers (maintenance and customer service), local emergency numbers, the address and directions to nearest hospitals and grocery/convenience stores.
Recommended Items to Bring:
- Favorite spices/oils for cooking
- Additional towels if staying at a waterfront property
- River shoes for all river and creek properties
- Plastic wrap/aluminum foil or storage containers for leftovers you wish to take home
- Charger for cell phone or laptop
- Bug Spray
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap)
- Seasonal wear (September/October/March/April: nights are cool, days are warm. November/December/January/February: cold nights, cold days. May/June/July/August: warm nights, hot days).
- Bathing suit for summer months or for properties with hot tubs