New Property to New River Retreat!
Pack up all your family and friends (your furry friends too!) and head out to the mountains - River Trail Lodge is big enough for everyone! This impressive 4 bedroom home is privately situated with excellent access to the 57 mile scenic New River Trail and the New River. WIFI access will keep you connected although you'll likely want to spend your time enjoying the outdoors around the cabin or in the area. The trail is great for biking, hiking or horseback riding and the river is ideal for fishing and swimming. A small two minute walk and you're right there at both!
In the evenings light up a fire in the fire pit and enjoy the stars and s'mores. If it's raining, head inside for ping pong, foosball, darts, movie night or hang out at the wet bar. You'll come here year after year.
Bed Arrangements: Bedroom 1 (King Bed, Full Bath Ensuite, Main Level), Bedroom 2 (Queen Bed, Full Bath Ensuite, Bottom Level), Bedroom 3 (2 Queens, Twin Bunk Beds, Full Bathroom in Hallway, Top Level), Bedroom 4 (1 Queen, Bunk Bed with Doubles, Full Bathroom in Hallway, Top Level)
Nearby activities include:
- New River Trail State Park (20 minutes away, bike & kayak rentals, horseback riding)
- Claytor Lake State Park (25 minutes away, paddle board, kayak, motorized boat rentals, hiking trails, public beach)
- Local Wineries (Iron Heart Winery 5 minutes away, West Wind Winery 20 minutes away, White Barrel Winery 30 minutes away)
- Fort Chiswell Animal Park (20 minutes away)
- River Tubing Trips (12 minutes away, Junction Campground and Canoeing Company)
- Public Boat Launch to Claytor Lake - (5 minutes away, Allisonia Boat Launch)
- Kayak/Paddle Board Delivery to Cabin (Mountain 2 Island Paddleboard Company)
This property is pet-friendly (limit two pets). Pet fee is an additional $25/night/pet.
*The owners have left four bikes in the garage for guest use, these are not serviced between rentals, use at your own risk
*Please note, fireplace is not available for guest use